Downtown Franklin Self-Guided Prayer Walk
Our friend (and Franklin, TN native!) Laura Beth Peters takes you on a tour to explore a few locations of spiritual significance as it relates to the history of Franklin.
The tour covers a one mile loop that starts and ends from the prayer house. Since the tour is self-guided, you can do it all at one time or visit individual stops as you prefer.
Take a paper map with you at the prayer room, or follow along on this page for each stop and the accompanying audio clip.
Your Tour Guide:
Laura Beth Peters is a Franklin, TN native and friend of the Franklin Prayer House. She is the Co-Host and Producer at Steel Magnolias Podcast alongside her sister, Lainie.
Stop #1: Franklin Prayer House
Stop #2: Fourth Ave Church of Christ, 117 4th Ave N, Franklin, TN 37064
Stop #3: Historic Franklin First United Methodist Church. 148 5th Ave S
Stop #4: “La Casa de Mi Padre” “My Father’s House” The corner of 4th Ave S and South Margin St.
Stop #5: 303 Church St.
Stop #6: The Square
Your support allows us to create and maintain programs and projects like the prayer walk! Thank you.
- City of Franklin: The Fuller Story: https://www.franklintn.gov/
- Cornerstone Presbyterian Church: https://www.
- Fourth Avenue Church of Christ: https://www.fourthavenue.
- Mansfield,Stephen, Grant, George.(1997) “Faithful Volunteers: The History of Religion in Tennessee,” Cumberland House Publishing.
- Miller, Andrew B. (Presented Oct. 28, 2000) “The History of Revival in Franklin, TN”
- Moran, John Elijah, Obituary: Review Appeal, August 3, 1956
- Restoration Movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/